St Angela’s teach the same curriculum as government schools although there is a strong religious element across all Key Learning Areas.
Expectations of achievement and conduct are high. With a strong focus on the individual, our broad curriculum is relevant to the students’ life experiences and promotes critical, creative and independent thinking:
- A respect for the diversity of the intelligences of each child
- Teaching strategies and experiences which respond to a range of individual learning styles and needs
- Teaching methods that challenge children to develop as independent learners and achieve educational excellence
- Purposeful integration across all Key Learning Areas
- Cohesion across stages and grades with learning experiences and assessment practices
- A commitment to Religious Education based on ‘Sharing Our Story’
- Appropriate use of technology and information skills across Key Learning Areas
- Opportunities for children to pursue their own gifts
- An emphasis on the development of social skills and the ability to relate positively and effectively with each other
- Provision for the professional development of the staff to meet curriculum and pedagogy changes
- The importance of using modelling as a tool for teaching/learning
- Ways for children to express their talents through physical activities and to use their leisure time creatively.